Friday, February 5, 2010

Mini-Portfolio



These are some of my interests above.


My name is Douglas, I am an applied math major at San Jose State University, in my final semester of my undergraduate degree. I have studied ordinary and partial differential equations, abstract algebra, complex analysis, linear algebra, dynamical systems and even worked on an applied project in collaboration with the NASA Ames Research Center through the SJSU CAMCOS program.

My main interest outside of mathematics is lindy hop, a particular style of swing dancing popularized during the big band swing era in the 1940's and 1950's. I have been dancing for almost nine years, with some breaks. I mostly dance on Wednesday nights at Wednesday Night Hop, an event at Starlight Ballroom near the Shoreline Amphitheatre.

I also like to change my facial hair and hairstyle often.

And here's some random video to fulfill the video requirement.





2 comments:

  1. From your background and interests I think you'll enjoy the class. I was unable to view your video in this posting (but for some reason the video in the 3rd homework plays just fine). For future assignments please upload video to YouTube and link (or embed) the video on your blog; less likely to have problems and the quality is better too. 10 points

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now the video works. Still recommend you use YouTube since it's more dependable.

    ReplyDelete